Sunday 16 October 2011

Row80 - Round 4 - Check in 4

The temperatures are dropping and my tootsies are feeling the cold. We had a gorgeous sunny day yesterday. Ideal for a day of reading poetry at the Poetry School. It was amazing how poem's were flat on the page but came to life when read aloud. I'm inspired. I'll be nabbing a few of their downloadable courses and considering doing one of their January workshops.

Also as we have a few more poets this round I thought I'd mention the writers digest poem a day challenge starting on the 1st November. I did it last year, it was great fun. I'm tempted to sign up again this year, I'll see how studies go over the next couple of weeks and if I do participate I won't be posting my poems online. Robert's prompt are really accessible.

Yoga's been on hold since last check in, due to over stretching something in my back and other commitents. I'll get back into it today. I think I know where I went wrong. I know too many people with on going back problems to risk these things.

Thursday night, I wrote 3 new poems and about 3 fragments. Friday night I subbed some of the newer ones off.

Made a start on studying i.e read over the requirements for assignment 4 and today I'll be deciding which 6 to rework and make a start today. Hopefully I can be finished in about 2 weeks.

Also been doing what I call admin related tasks and cleaning up my hard drive, printing out drafts and inputting all the data for my poems into my story tracker database. I still have a long way to go to get this up to date.

I think I added the timeline data for 3 chapters of the novel into the spreadsheet.

I've even read a few chapter's of Scott Nicholson's Creative Spirit, have about 30% left to go. If I knew what that was in pages I'd be tempted to try and finish it today.

I'm rolling along slowly but steadily.

Go cheer on the other ROW80er's

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're plodding along nicely! :) Hope your back is better for the yoga - I'm trying to figure out an 'exercise' I can manage after being told by doc's to avoid just about 'everything' - from what I can gather the only option left for me is swimming, not good as I hate swimming and am not a very good swimmer! :/

Anonymous said...

Despite your not being able to do yoga (do take care of yourself), you are getting a lot done. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great, solid progress here! Great job!

My poor tootsies are feeling the colder weather way too much, too. And the poetry challenge sounds interesting! I've never been much of a poet, myself, but I am a sucker for challenges (to the point where I probably try to tackle way too many), so I might check it out and/or modify it a little because I also love prompts. We'll have to see once things get closer to November. Should be interesting, though!

Keep up the great work and I hope you have a fabulous week!

Andrew said...

Seems like you got a little bit of everything done. Great job! Hope your back gets better soon.

Nadja Notariani said...

Oh! Cleaning up your computer...I need a dose of that! Glad to hear you've had such a productive week. I guess this means the internet is back up to 'par'?

Katy Bennett said...

Thanks all, backs fine but just yoga'd again so I'll see how it is during the day tomorrow.

Nadja , internet is behaving itself again (speaking very quietly)

Anonymous said...

Katy,

Nice across the board update. Keep plugging away. And thanks for letting me know about the Writer's Digest poetry in November. :-)

alberta ross said...

like to tidy up my hard drive:) sounds like you're making good progress - so if your back is better and you can exercise again it'll be easier to keep warm - the cold winds are coming! all the best for this coming week

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new poems! Sorry to hear about your back problems and hope that clears up soon.

Have a great week!

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Sounds like you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

Great job with the writing, Katy. Smart to let your back rest a day or so before venturing back into the yoga. I took a back injury at age 19 that still gives me issues from time to time at 43. Caution is always best.

Have a great coming week :)

alberta ross said...

thanks for dropping by - I have to admit driving home on saturday i wondered about audio also - let us know if you go any further with the idea

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to find another horror person in ROW. Though my blog is not even close to that genre, several of my WIPs are horror, and my husband and I feed each other horror prompts constantly.

Glad to find you, and I'll keep checking in.