Tuesday 11 September 2012

Stitched Up On Tuesdays Week 2

Every Tuesday I share my progress on my current cross stitch project.

I'm currently working on Dimensions Quiet Beach Moments. The design size is 14 by 10 inches on 14 count aida fabric. Which I think is around 25000 stitches in total.

It's deceptively tricky for a beginner like me, I'd only done one bookmark prior to starting this piece, lots of back-stitching where the lines run diagonally and lots of half stitch. Also, plenty of colour changing every few stitches. I actually got a bit fed up with changing colours so much and stitched the entire white line down the left hand side. It's the point where the sand starts to change to sea.


I decided to add the back stitching in as I go along, there's not much definition in the picture without it.

In other news, I signed up for a beginners course in knitting with Citylit starting end of next month and am considering one of their novel workshops but assessing the extra workload on top of my existing degree as I'll be preparing for assessment for my current module around the same time.

What are you all up to?




No comments: